View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyxie View Post
Hi Mike! That is so cool of you to post this. As of this coming weekend I will be breast cancer free for 3 years. I understand how frustrating it can be with the limitations our bodies (and doctors) put on us for riding.

But ya know what? As long as you feel good, there's nothing better to the soul and health than getting on your bike and going out for a ride...be it short of long! I remember spending chemo days hugging the toilet then feeling well enough to do a rip to the foothills. THAT was my meditation and relaxation.

I'm up north in Roseville (by Sacramento). I would love to meet you and keep you company on some rides! I'll coordinate with my husband and few other fellow riders to plan a ride your way in the next few months. See you soon!
Pyxie, I'm glad to here you are cancer free for three years. I like you,find riding to be good therapy. January first this year I discovered I had colon cancer, I had surgery the next day and it was gone! My surgeon performed a colectomy and the pathology report said stage 2, so far no chemotherapy has been prescribed.
Twenty six days post op and I'm feeling great. I look forward to this up coming ride and meeting you and Mike. Please keep me in the loop.
Perry