Old 01-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #3585
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddog View Post
Reading between the lines Juanito
Hey sleddog,

I only live 20 miles from South Dakota. It's the people in the northern plains that keep me coming back. Solid, honest, hard working folks. It's hard to explain to city people just how nice it is to not have to worry about things when you are away from home. People in Bassett look out for each other. It's not like down here in Latin America. Bars on the windows in the big cities, lots of locked gates and such. I can't even begin to explain the difference to folks around here. Back home, I don't have to lock my house. Anyone can borrow tools from my garage. The keys are in my truck. You just don't take things that don't belong to you without returning them back where I come from. That would just be wrong. People don't do it.

ADVriders are welcome at my house anytime, whether I'm there or not. If my overprotective neighbour locked the house the keys are on top of the electric meter outside the back door. 312 Augusta St., Bassett Nebraska. Mi casa es su casa. I've hosted many ADVriders in the past and hope to host more when I eventually get home. Believe me, I have some serious paying it forward to do when it comes to ADVriders.

I wouldn't live anywhere else. Well okay, I saw it was -20C this morning in Bassett. Have no idea what that makes it in Nebraska degrees. Probably need your insulated Carhart overalls this morning. When it comes to living in the Sandhills of Nebraska, either you like it or you don't.

I love it.

Your ADV pal,
Nebraska John

JDowns screwed with this post 01-31-2014 at 02:47 AM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote