View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
JohnCW
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCW View Post
I couldn't actually understand the what the video was actually getting at. Like what is the recommendation (a) have smooth correct downshifts approaching a corner, and (b) be comfortable carrying some speed under brakes into the corner?

I watched it twice and that's all I was able to get from it, which to me is pretty basic stuff. Perhaps I'm missing something important so if someone would enlighten me it'd be appreciated.
I'll answer my own question. After I wrote the above I had a chance to watch Keith Code's a Twist of the Wrist video. Every YouTube video I've seen is just a piece edited from this video.

I've never liked the YouTube cuts because they seem so out of context or something. But if you watch the whole video, which is about three times as long as it needs to be, totally cheesy, and a whole lot of self promotion, at least each of the individual ideas make more sense.

Now that I know what the term "trail braking" means, about my only thoughts are who doesn't ease of but still carry some braking going into a high speed corner?

JohnCW screwed with this post 02-02-2014 at 01:24 PM
JohnCW is online now   Reply With Quote