View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #143
afewsketchymoments OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
I did not even realize fully the freedom I had while cruising around on my bike. Well I guess I did, but maybe it was not appreciated to the fullest joy. What I am trying to say is it became the norm, my dream had become a reality and in doing so, the romance of the road was replaced with a feeling of normality and dare I say it, even routine. We all know that not a single moment of this wonderful ride we call life should be taken for granted, but somehow, for most of us, that is exactly what it becomes. Our loved ones become familiar and we forget to tell them how much they mean to us, a hot shower becomes just that. A hot shower. Nothing more, nothing less. But lets be honest, if only for a moment. A hot shower is fucking amazing! Flicking the bathroom light switch, to somehow, as if magically light the room, is so far beyond my realm of understanding that I just take it as common place. Yet if such a thing happened a mere 200 odd years ago you would have been burned to death for sorcey.. Which I guess would light the room anyhow. But would be a huge bummer.
This thought crossed my mind as I sat in a bus, with limited vision of the surroundings and not even the freedom or spontaneity to stop and take a wiz.
Let me feel you in on why I am on a bus. Money, or lack of it, could be a more accurate description. So I am heading to New Jersey to help a friend paint a house.
But don’t panic friends out there in ADV land, I will be south and continuing on before you know it.
Matt.