View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #33
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,132
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
It is legal in California and Arizona, and likely always has been legal.

Source; http://www.arizonadriver.com/course_sample.html

Many major surface streets have center lanes that can be used by traffic in either direction to make left turns. A two-way left turn center lane is marked by double parallel yellow lines, with the exterior lines solid and the interior dashed on each side. If a street has a center left turn lane, you may enter and use it to enter or exit a driveway or private road, when preparing for or making a left turn, or when preparing for or making a U-turn if permitted. If exiting a driveway or private road, you may use this lane to merge. You may not drive more than 200 feet in the center left turn lane. You may drive across a center left turn lane if needed.
Well, thanks for the information. You may have seen my earlier post where a police officer I spoke with said it wasn't legal to use the turn lane for merging. Now that I've read your post, I guess I'll just have to shut the hell up and live with the situation I will say however that almost everyone violates the 200 ft. rule, at least around here. Thanks again.