View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #173
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,135
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBandi View Post
I got the most amazing email from a complete stranger. I've deleted the name out of absolute respect.

"Hello, and please excuse this intrusion.

My name is --- The name means nothing to you right now, but in 2009 you took a picture of the headstone of Isaac B Points in an abandoned cemetery. I was helping my Dad ------ find any loose bits on the Internet when I came across your post in the advrider forum.

------- Was born in 1811 was the 1st Points born (as a slave) in the US. He's my great-great- great-grandfather. I would appreciate it greatly if you could tell me where that cemetery was located or put me in touch with the landowners so my family and I could plan a trip to see the headstone. It's difficult tracking down Blacks and their kin as records weren't really kept (or kept well), but we've been lucky and it hasn't been as difficult as for others. I've attached a picture of Isaac's wife, son, daughter in law, etc.

It would mean a great deal to me and my family if we could get close. Please excuse the friend request. Facebook is charging every a dollar for messages if we're not connected and I was hoping to bypass that.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you in advance for your assistance. "

Contact has been made...

Watch this space. This will be good.