View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #37
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxalicious View Post
I currently own a FI and Carb'd bike..

While I love the Carb'd bike, I don't trust it enough to take me from Houston to Colorado, Where the FI Bike, I trust it to take me anywhere.

yes I've had mechanical issues with both bikes, but the FI bike was a simple sucking in of the gasket (If anyone knows why the hell the 1200S Guzzi's do that, please do tell.)

And the Carb'd bike had a range of problems from Electrical to Mechanical.

on a Minor note, I love how on Modern bikes with LCD Screens, how if you have an Electrical issue--you can look it up on the computer, Very handy feature and no need to just go searching from square 1.
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 your carbed I assume
2008 MotoGuzzi 1200 Sport your FI I assume

fwiw, modern carbs are more reliable than 35 year old carbs

most reliable vehicle I have ever owned .... carbed nekid 99 SV650, over 135k never a running issue. always started the instant I thumbed the starter, even down to -25f

my V-strom on the other hand, not all FI is sophisticated that diagnostics pop up on a computer screen, instead, expensive trial an error replacement of parts, only 70k, every sensor had been replaced, some more than once, also complete wire harness replacement, and it still don't run right, sometimes have to babysit throttle on cold starts
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote