View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #70
hippiebrian
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
using your logic .. who said anything about finding the cheapest bike available?

come on now .. for most folks costs to keep a motorcycle running is an issue. so what's the costs for a final drive not under warranty for R1200 at the dealership? what about costs to fix ABS on same bike?

have we reached ridiculous costs to fix yet? and we've only mentioned two common issues for R1200. shall we go down the list of other common issues for R1200? so according to your logic, it doesn't count if you've gone say 40k miles on R1200 and are now being towed to a dealership .. with a probable repair bill that approaches 1/2 value of bike.
All you've done is to make me respect my new Bonnie more. I'd trust it on a long haul long before I trusted a beemer with all the new issues they seem to have.

That said, in general a new bike, with efi and made with modern metals in the motor and tranny department is going to be more reliable than an 80's or earlier bike. Not as easy to fix, sure, but you won't have to fix it so much, so it's kind of a moot point.

Just my .02. Your mileage may vary.
hippiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote