View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #9438
gumbellion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Does anyone own a Tiger 800

I have really been kicking around selling my BMW 650Xchallenge this summer and moving to something else. I love the xchallenge but am spending more and more time on the highway and less time on the dirt.
If i do sell it I have my short list to a tiger 800 and a f800GS. I have read about 1000 pages of reviews, comparisions, ride reports, and anything else you can imagine.
I have had the chance before to drool all over Dryden Riders 800 in the parking lot at work, but have never seen a tiger in the flesh. Given the market whatever i buy it will end up being a fly and ride. I am looking at 2011/2012 models so I can pay cash for what i get. And the BMW and tigers seem to be right in the same 9-10K with similar miles and modifications/farkles
I am not asking to take anyones bike for a test ride, but just give it a good look and toss a leg over to compare seating positions and comfort.
I am out and around the north west a fair bit, and am not in a huge hurry. I wont be posting my xchallenge until the snow is gone for obvious reasons, but i think it should go pretty quick around here with only 8000km on it.
Or if you have rode both I am really interested in unbiased opinions. This bike is going to have to last me a long time, I know i better get what i want now before i get married next year!

Thanks
Gumby
gumbellion is online now   Reply With Quote