View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 AM   #26
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint64 View Post
I am interested in the MX453 helmet as well. I wear an Arai RXQ for my int oval head. How would you describe the fit of the MX453? Will it work for a int oval head shape. Can't seem to find a local dealer with on to try on before ordering. Any help provided would be appreciated.
Hi Clint,

I just had another person ask a similar question via message and this was basically my reply.

Fit is so subjective, it's very challenging question to answer. What seems similar to me might be completely different to you. I've never worn an RXQ, but I can tell you I was at a consumer show in Cleveland over the weekend and was able to try the Arai XD4 back-to-back with the MX453. In my opinion, the XD4 was a bit more comfortable, but I was happy to see how close we came. Front to back distance was about the same. Overall comfort was very close, but I would give Arai the nod. The MX453 is what we consider a long oval shape, but I thought it was very similar to the XD4.

I've worked at 4 of the International Motorcycle Shows and the consumer response to the fit of the MX453 has been overwhelmingly positive. The thing fits GREAT.

Hope that helps some. I'd appreciate hearing your feedback if you get the chance to try both.
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote