Thread: Bar weight myth
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #38
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
For me it's at least 5, most with after-market bars and all with engine/exhaust mods.

Those bikes include a '07 KLR with Moose Racing bars w/o any guards, '05 Ducati Monster S4R w/trimmed stock bars, and the following 3 bikes with the Heli brand bars: '98 Ducati 748, '00 Ducati 996, and a '05 Triumph Daytona 955. They've all been buzz free thru the entire rpm range for many years/miles.

Have fun, Mark H.

So, what is true for 5 is true for all and makes all BS? Not getting it. Seems a manufacturer wouldn't bother if they didn't find use in it, since it does cost more.

I will not disagree with your results though for your situations. But again 5 for you makes it universally true? If that's the case I'm thinking anything more than an SR500 is a waste since I've had a couple and find them sufficient... lame (started as a typo, but made a lot of sense) logic.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is online now   Reply With Quote