View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #36
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
I'm sorry, in fifty years of riding it hasn't happened yet.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to start happening now.

Yanno, going into an area of dense idiots doing god knows what in their cars, I might be ready on the brake. When everyone on the highway changes lanes at once, maybe. Zipping into a parking lot, sure. Going down some road with deer all around, probably. Going down a steep rocky incline on a dirt bike I might keep a finger on the brake since I'm using it more often than not anyway. Depends on the situation.

Just riding along, with nothing in particular going on, nope. My finger will be on the bars, maybe in my lap staying warm, maybe scratching my nuts. Maybe reaching for a drink, maybe taking a picture. I'm just not that paranoid.
If I was that scared of it I wouldn't ride at all.

Wow - it appears when you're riding you're just diddling around.

Not so much for me. The road is the fun and I usually try to find something entertaining to ride. no time to diddle around, the next corner is here or the road is a bit rough. I stop if I feel like taking the time to scratch my nuts... although I will stand up to fart.

Oh, also no cup holders on my dual sport either. If I need to do that stuff I shouldn't be riding. That's why they put cup holders and blue tooth in cars - for people who'd rather screw around than actually drive. Then people think they need it stuck on their bikes because they need distraction. Next you'll be telling us having fingers on the brakes interferes with your texting...

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is online now   Reply With Quote