View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #48
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBoy View Post
ADV ain't in the bike, it's in the rider!!!

Come ride with us and see if that FZ is still the dirt bike:

This was the easy part, looked like I-70 versus the part just before this where I dropped the bike a few times on slippery roots. I had to drop the tires to about 18 psi to solve some of the tracking issues. Not sure how those radials of yours would work there.

It is also about where the adventure goes and how much the adventurer is willing to suffer.

So to sum it up:

• Where do you want to ride on your adventure
  • How good are you at horsing around the bikes you are considering
  • How much are you willing to suffer picking up the bike, pulling it out of mud, and how bad it will slam you to the ground if you make a mistake where you plan to ride.
I'm a sissy. I plan to ride a bit more off road and my 650 is a pig to move around for my size, it takes two to pull it out of any sort of mud, and I don't like to suffer (I learned how hard my bike can throw me on the ground when the front end washed out at a fair speed in a rutted clay road). So I am going with a 250 dual sport for my adventuring off road in eastern Ohio. I'm sure some of those in more wide open riding areas would do fine on the 650 single. Some who don't get quite so adventurous off road will do fine with a big twin or even a regular road bike.

Figure it out then make a choice what fills the bill.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote