View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #59
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
if you have a bike that you cant open the accelerator it cant be ridden properly
Even IF there was such a bike, what's not the case: Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
i did also say moden tyres. Your experience back in the 40s is no longer relevant
In the 40s not even my father was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
I want to be able to see you use all that power on a snowy commute like I can!
I'm only baiting you with this to see how you rationalize having so much gross power when it's slippery outside.
I can use as much power as you when it's slippery. What bothers me is the turning, not the power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
First off something does happen. It accelerates.
Nice joke.

Quote:
It's about the fun of rowing the gear box.
OK, if you like to frequently pull levers, that's a reason. I'm all in for automatics. And while most of the others aren't, they nonetheless are complaining about too little low end torque and having to shift too much.

Quote:
Just noticed you're in Germany - you have places where you can actually wring it out. Best we have within the limits are the 75 mph freeways.
That's true, but it's true as well that accelerating hard up to 100...120mph on roads other than the Autobahn, restricted to 62mph, is as much fun.

Quote:
Agility, good braking, high corner speed, and good shifting reward more than sheer horsepower. That's also true on the off roading here too.
I'm talking on road. There you have agility, good braking and high corner speed with the big bike as well. And in addition you have power.
It's not as if you had to exchange the one for the other, you just can have both. Off road is an other deal of course.