View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #82
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckthedog View Post
Wow. I'll never change your mind. But your view is totally Reactionary. Its akin to firefighters at the station waiting for a call, then they go handle it. Police work is Proactionary. That's why the patrol car was invented. To be seen, to prevent crimes from occurring, hoping the mere presence of the black and white would deter offenses from happening. In the case of traffic enforcement, to help people abide by the rules of the road, thusly making it safer for you, me, our families, and the entire ADV world to ride in a safer environment.
It doesn't appear to be working. Ask the cop who was pulled in Ohio for doing 150-something on his bike if his being aware of a cop nearby was any kind of deterrent for him.

Quote:
As far as having a cop ticket himself? come on. Yes, some drive like idiots, I've seen it, probably have done it, and still see it. It happens. A lot goes on that they have to rush to where they aren't allowed to use their overhead lightbars/sirens. A lot. And it can be serious.
No doubt, but EVERY time you see a cop driving or parking like a pinhead? Please. I was a CEVO instructor in Illinois. In that state, one is supposed to operate an emergency vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, regardless of responding to a call or not. RESPONSIBILITY. It starts with the people in power. Otherwise, it's just another form of tyranny.

Quote:
Re: judges? yes. Corrupt judges and politician fines or sentences should be doubled because we entrust them. No favors for them AT ALL.
You ever seen a prosecutor press charges against themselves? Even the ones that KNOWINGLY withheld evidence that would clear somebody? KNOWINGLY sending an innocent person to DEATH ROW constitutes attempted murder.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote