View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 AM   #41
gun 4 hire OP
FTR SSR #90b

Oddometer: 126
Next race for me was the"Snake River 4" in Okeechobee. It was 28 degrees when I awoke at 6:30 am ....yikes ! (And Yes, this IS Florida).

By race time at 10:30 it was in the 60's so perfect weather for racing. Got a decent start and held on for 3 laps to score another 4th place.

I had the most fun to date in this one as far as racing battles with guys in my class. About three times I got to 3rd position only to lose it a short time later and get passed back by 2-3 guys in my class. My rear brake which sounded and smelled funny the whole race finally gave up working on the last 3 miles of the course. I. Had another rider behind me about an 1/8 of a mile... I could see him cause we were in the open fast field section leading up to the scoring chicane.

I concentrated hard on going fast in the straights and slowing only with the front brake which was challenging as these were fast flat corners and there was a lot of loose grass on top which can get really slippery. I made it to the checkered just 6 seconds in front of 5th place and got my third trophy in three races straight.

All who wander sure as heck ain't lost
87 Honda Rebel 450 {soon to be ratted}
http://tat09.blogspot.com/
gun 4 hire is offline   Reply With Quote