View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #1424
sailorninja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bamboo View Post
Here's a thought; I've heard it said that riding off road gives you skills that will make you a better rider on the street. By having you ride on grass, you are hopefully learning responses to sudden loss of traction, with less chance of damage to the street bike in a fall. It's all well and good to learn in a parking lot, too, but in the real world, it's the patch of sand, the oil slick in the center of the lane, a wet manhole cover that will catch you. I think the skills learned on the grass may save you in that situation. What do you think? Also, get a jacket with shoulder and elbow armor. Your bones will thank you if you ever do take a fall.
I'm not saying it was a bad idea, really because he has more experience than I do by a long shot, I tend not to question him, which is mainly why I asked here. He started out on a dirt bike, so I assumed he knew something about what he was talking about lol, our yard just doesn't seem like the best thing to try and ride in when he have holes nearly impossible to see and tiny roots and such. :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
sailorninja is offline   Reply With Quote