View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #917
dionbilt
energetic beginner

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Yes, there have been a number of Lynx's fitted to the EXC's of that vintage and the current KTM 690 Lynx kit fits straight on. HOWEVER, the big issue is both stator power and that the OEM headlight circuit is AC, not DC. It's just about possible to run the Lynx HID's with the existing stator, but the OEM light circuit needs to be switched to DC to 'trigger' the Lynx wiring harness's relays. All in all, the bikes need a staor upgrade to run the Lynx really ( and any other decent lights for that matter )

Cheers Ian
I did the TrailTech 100W DC conversion kit. I run the TrailTech HID X2 head light right now, while I love the output of the light, I'm not impressed with the workings of it. I have heard others complain of the delay of the lights coming on, and its the same for me. When I switch from the low beam bulb to the high beam bulb I pretty much lose light for about way to long for night driving. So I did some rewire of the switch and made it so when I go from low bulb to high bulb they all burn. It helped but at times I will lose all light. Not sure if this is something in my Doctor Enduro dual sport kit I installed or if this is normal? Trailtech said it was the bike but I have my reservations about that since I have seen other hid lights do the same. but I also dont know a hell of a lot So any input would be great. and your light system is way better looking than the TrailTech light. i will be looking at getting one for a winter remodel of the bike.
dionbilt is online now   Reply With Quote