View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #46
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavan View Post
Hi Phil,

What's the difference between MX442 and MX456?

K.
Hi Kavan,

You MIGHT see the twice. I wrote a response and thought I saw it posted, but... Hmmm.

The MX456 is our top of the line off-road helmet. It is the helmet that Cyril Despres wore while winning the Dakar Rally in 2013. In 2014 Cyril wore it again to a 4th place finish and Daniel Mazzucco wore one while winning the quad division. We had nearly 100 riders wearing an MX456 a6 Dakar in 2014. It is a proven performer.

It's a fiberglass shell designed to accommodate modern neck braces with a flat platform at the back of the neck. The cheek pads are inflatable with the built-in air pump for a custom fit. Super wide eye port will work for all modern brands of goggles. It's light weight. The liner is a technical fabric and is fully removable and washable.

I the U.S. we offer the MX456 in two versions: Less expensive DOT version for trail riders (same basic helmet wihout the ECE standard is available for about $170. The ECE/DOT version for racers has a suggested retail of $209.95.

The MX442 is our value priced MX helmet and seriously might be the best value in a fiberglass, DOT/ECE helmet on the market. SUPER lightweight at only 2.47 pounds for a medium size. Large eye port. Removable, washable technical fabric liner. NOTE: The MX442 runs a little large. I normally wear a medium, whether in an Arai, Shoei, Bell or LS2. With the MX442 I wear a small. The suggested retail is $149.95. There are some smokin' deals on last year's Vault and Jump graphics out there. I've seen those graphics for as little as $89.

Did I answer what you were looking for?

Thanks,
Phil
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote