View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #56
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Old school...... the LAST time I raced the 1000 on a bike was in the late 70's on a 250 Bultaco. Pits were all friends using their bikes for spare parts. No fucking radios or cell phones, and no one was left for dead.

This is a fun event and there is no reason to spend a bunch of money on shit that ain't really gonna help that much. Why is every one crying about cost and high dollar teams and then want to throw a bunch of money away? Funny how many have also complained about cars using gadgets like GPS, but they want wi-fi and radios? I've been on SCORE teams with ALL of the toys, bells & whistles, helicopters, semi-trucks, and entries run just to carry spare parts for the main team. We've had Ion Earth tracking systems in all the race cars and chase trucks, you could look at a screen and tell where everyone was. I'm the one saying save your money!!! Why does everyone have a problem with that?

I've got a couple of nice Kenwood hand helds I'll sell if someone wants to throw money away. They already have 151.625 programmed in one of the channels.
i admire what you accomplished and what you did for a lot of people.

why can you respect other people's opinion and thoughts? quit shoving your opinions in us. you're sounding like an internet bully.

my dad smoke, drank, ate fatty and salty food and party for many years and still living at the age of 93. will i follow his footsteps? what worked for him may not work for most of us...LOL.

live and let live.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote