View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #25
AKMotorbiker OP
Searching for sanity

Oddometer: 250
Hwy 2 was an amazing road! Turn after turn after turn!

I stopped more often for photos on this ride. I brought four cameras, a tripod, and an ipad. One of those cameras was my phone so, it doesn't really count. One was a helmet cam, an Olympus 10mp point and shoot that's done me good for six years, and a canon rebel t3 12.2 mp. My ipad I brought because of map data, that I didn't need. I also saw 30-40 bicyclist on the road riding both ways.

Here's a shot of the road with my bike for size reference. The orange posts, for those unfamiliar, are marking the sides of the road for snow plows. It is suppose to snow here.

Facing South

Someone decided to dump their crap just beneath where I took the last photo. Unbelievable! Fortunately, besides a few coffee cups, the forest was very clean.

I love a good tunnel and this one happened to have a twin! Back to back with a burst of sunlight in between.

Here you can see the different composition of the mountains. You have rock, then rocks ground down until they appear as sand from a distance and then areas of dirt. Pine trees jutting out contrasting with the bright color of the rocks.

Searching for Sanity: Newest Chapter- Sequoia National Park
AKMotorbiker is offline   Reply With Quote