View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #1231
Benduro
Banned

Oddometer: 2,256
Seat Concepts for life!
Seriously. I am never going to run another saddle as long as SC is in business! I bought a DR 650 a few years ago on which the p.o. had installed the Seat Concepts diy foam kit with the stock cover. It's a great seat. I've put about 22,000 miles on it, with several 700+ mile days where I fuel on the bike, and don't stop to rest for several tanks (5.3 gallon tanks!) Never really knew what to compare it to until I got on a buddy's stocker. Holy crap. A thousand times better.
My DR with Seat Concepts foam on stock pan and stock cover:

So, I saw this thread, saw all the effusive, over the top praise for the quality, low price (relative to what you're getting!), and fast turn around times. Had to pull the trigger on a low seat for my buddy bike, a klx (drz) 400, so the ladies can get their feet on the ground. And a seat for my KTM 950 sm.
I ordered completes, so I can return to stock if I sell the bikes and recoup some $ selling the seats in the flea market. They came with lightning speed, packed in a box in such a way as to allow no movement or abrasion to the two seats in one box.
I'm 5'11 with a 32 inch inseam. The klx has never felt too tall for me. However, the low seat, at an inch and an eighth lower than stock, but with a slightly narrower and more domey profile right on the tank for technical sections, and a slightly wider, flat section further back with amazingly comfortable foam, is WORLDS better. It's an amazing seat. No faults whatsoever can be found here. Aesthetically perfect stitching, high quality, burly looking materials (gripper) for the cover, and amazing comfort...what more could you ask for?
I don't have a photo on my phone or I'd put it up. Later I'll revisit this post and get one on here.

And then there's the beast. I've done several 700 mile days on the 950sm with the stock seat. It's a hundred mile seat. Liveable, but pretty bad. A Seat Concepts complete in "embossed" vinyl with orange contrast stitching was a no-brainer. And holy jeez, am I glad that I did! All of the lines are more graceful and beautiful than the stock seat and add to the appearance of the bike. And it has turned this bike into a road warrior! Total transformation. Fuelling on the bike, all day riding, no discomfort AT ALL. It's a work of functional art. The best kind of art.

Here's the ugly, bland, narrow, roundy stock seat. Mmmm, sit-bone pressure and junk-numbness...

Here's the Seat Concepts....what a beauty.

Anyone who will listen, is going to get a recommendation of Seat Concepts from me. I am sold. Especially after having been on the good Sergeant and Corbins. You owe it to yourself to try SC.
Benduro is online now   Reply With Quote