View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #14
fhammond OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
From Topaz, Ricky Cyn is probably too much, just go up to Graded Risu Cyn Rd which is neat ride over to Sweetwater Rd (338), Lucky boy is County Graded Rd. The 2-track following the Walker river is a little difficult and the crossing at Rough Creek can be deep and there are gates which have been locked at times so perhaps best to just stay on Lucky Boy.

For Max points of interest, turn up to Masonic just after crossing walker river on Lucky Boy, ride thru Masonic to Bodie then down thru Aurora to Fletcher and back on Lucky Boy.

The optional loop over Cory Peak is also a bit much for big bikes.
Hey Jerry,

I'm having a hard time finding on a map some of the points you mention above. If you've got a moment, would it be possible for you to take a look at the enclosed GPX and let me know what you think? I'm mostly interested in your thoughts about the routes from Gardnerville down to Hawthorne, then Hawthorne down to Goldfield. Based on your earlier suggestions, my first choice is the blue route from Gardnerville to Hawthorne as it seemed the most interesting but still ok for large dual sport bikes.

Thanks,
Fergus

P.S. The "Cabin Under Rock" trail is not one I'm seriously thinking about taking; more there for curiosity than anything.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx DV14.GPX (888.1 KB, 18 views)
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote