View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #1820
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator View Post
Joel has mentioned to me that there will be a base station in camp and a certain number of participants who are licensed. Does it make sense to have a list of participants with call signs and radios they are bringing in one location? What frequency(ies) will we be using? Are there those with familiarity of how best to make use of the radios, broadcast distances for example, and realistic protocols once ride groups start going out?

Similarly, it would seem that many of you, unlike me, have a current and detailed familiarity with DV. Would it be possible for us to create a list in one location with of all the available fuel stops, hours of operation, other services available, phone numbers, and other info knowledgeable folks know we may need? For example, in one post I recall a location with only 87 Octane fuel mentioned, and I am curious about whether a location will take plastic.

Deliverator KJ6MIW

Hello Campsite Mate !

Here is some fuel stop information:

DISTANCE BETWEEN GAS STATIONS (ALL PAVEMENT MILES)

OLANCHA TO PANAMINT SPRINGS: 46 MILES
PANAMINT SPRINGS TO TRONA: 48 MILES
PANAMINT SPRINGS TO STOVEPIPE WELLS: 31 MILES
STOVEPIPE WELLS TO BEATTY: 34 MILES
STOVEPIPE WELLS TO FURNACE CREEK: 24 MILES
PANAMINT SPRINGS TO TRONA: 48 MILES

Also Lone Pine and Shoshone has fuel. Lots of people ride over North Pass and out to Lone Pine to refuel.

Stovepipe ONLY HAS 87 octane.

I think all of these try to have 24 hours with cards. Carry cash for payment to other inmates with supertanker bikes.

Beware, the power has gone out (no fuel) at Shoshone before. Same is possible at Panamint Springs since they run only on generator power.

Regarding Ham's

My friends Tony and Don in RV spaces 10 and 11 are experienced Hams and can help with that set up... I have no experience.

spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote