View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #3925
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Good one!

looking at that (stage 3) the last time stamp shown for CP2 is for moto #92 Mike Johnson (USA) Honda at 18:17 pm

The site shows #118 Yannick Guyomarch (FRA) Yamaha (our adopted never give up hero) as having passed the CP point at 17:45 pm (which meshes with his account in the interview that was posted). Yannick made the bivouac (according to the times on mischa's site) at 21:55 pm... the last rider in and last to complete the SS3 course according to the time sheets.

At that point in time there were only 118 riders who hade completed the entire SS3 stage... although there were approximately 40 or so other riders who were involved with the "delay" at CP2 in some form or another. Some managed to make it to the San Juan (leg 3/4) marathon bivouac and were permitted to re-start leg four, some were held prior to the CP2 location and subsequently were to late to arrive at the SanJuan bivouac the next morning in time to start the Day 4 leg... Upon transporting onwards the 550 km to the Leg 4/5 bivouac at Chilecito, they were informed by the organisers that they were not permitted to start Leg 5, having missed the entire Stage 4.

As far as I can piece together that how the cards fell from the time/scoring perspective.

Mike Johsnon has a story for the ages about that day.. truly a epic tale ... it includes bad bearings, wire, canyons and water crossings and a flashlight along with some locals thrown in..

All I can say is Im glad that I did not call 2014 the year I raced Dakar. Being there I witnessed the carnage and anguish in all classes and camps and have to give it to the finishers, they were lucky men and all kicked its ass !

Its Dakar !
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote