View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #1823
stoke
ocean minded

Oddometer: 494
Just catching up on this thread, been working a ton lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Well, I broke my leg. And I wasn't even riding!
I was rolling the bike up the ramp into the van to drive up to ride in the desert and I was having a hard time with the last oomph over the lip so I did what I did last time, carefully snuck around to the front. This time instead of pulling in the bike I got almost to the front and I think the front wheel turned right and that caused the bike to start going over. I tried to save it and the next thing I knew I heard this horrible noise as my right knee went SIDEWAYS.....

Finished dropping the bike to end up laying in the back of the van thinking I had torn an acl and dislocated my knee. After my neighbors got my bike put away, locked up my house and then called for an ambulance. Got xrayed at the er and my tibia is broken in 2 places right below my knee.

I'm laying here with ice feeling very sorry for myself. Getting taken care of by friends and my uncle. Off to Kaiser in Riverside for Otho appt and to see if surgery is in the cards.

I am sooooooo going to miss riding with you all and meeting new people from the forum.

Ride on folks and have a great time!
Oh, man I am sorry. I have broken 11 bones myself and had two surgeries result. Actually saw the exact break you have happen in front of me one time. It's pretty gnarly. Truth is, they've gotten a lot better at treating these types of injuries and the bone does grow back stronger-my wrist has enough metal in it to literally set off airport detectors but it's strong as hell. You will come out great at the end of the day.

Bummer shooby and I can't ride with you down to the event though.

Make sure to take your bone supplements every day for at least 90 days-any health food store will have them. Also a supplement called "Cissus" that I actually learned about from this forum (and shooby) is amazing for bone/joint/ligament treatment and pain management. It works better than ibuprofen or an NSAID with none of the downsides. Take it. It works.
stoke is offline   Reply With Quote