View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #26
smj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Hey El - you get to Colorado look me up. Drop me a PM and if you like - I can help you put some plans in place for this state (Colorado), and be happy to show you a few spots. I think we can even come up with a place to bunk if you need to get some work done, or just a day off for a little R&R. I know a bit about Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico... Been in all of them. Butler Maps puts out some great maps - look for the back country discovery routes for a mostly off pavement route that goes from southern Arizona to northern Wyoming. (I think they are working on Montana) Their standard map is great as well! Also look up information on our national forests... These are extensive, lots of places to camp for free. National Parks are not free. Be very, very, very careful with any fire you make. I suggest a stove as most places by the end of summer put fire bans in place. If we have a dry summer, the woods can be like tinder boxes! Anyway, drop me a PM if you wish to talk any details over. All 48 states in 1 year, maybe 49 states if you run up to Alaska - you will still be able to find spots on the map that you didn't have time to see... Cheers!