View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 04:52 AM   #94
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpallen View Post
I just bought this helmet and it is really gorgeous. Love all the neat features and can't beat the price. However, it is really small compared to my FF386 - a large that fits me perfectly. It seems the shape is also rounder (not at all oval like the FF386) and presses on my forehead. I am actually disappointed. I'm not sure that I will be able to live with it in the hopes that it will break in. My knoggin circumference measures about 59cm plus maybe a 1/4 or 3/8.

So Phil, what's your experience with this model? Do you think should I try and exchange it for another large? Or should I go up to an X-Large? I don't like loose helmets at all. That's almost worse than a tight one which might eventually break in.
Hi cpallen,

I'm sorry to hear this. It is possible that the EPS on the F569 is just not the right shape for you. Most find it very similar to the FF386, but like you, it feels less of an oval than the 386 to me. I personally had to go one size larger than I normally wear due to the shape, but for my head shape, it was still snug enough to be safe.

The good news is that you can swap the top padding in this model, so if you wanted to try an XL top pad, it would be an easy swap and you can leave the cheek pads alone. Large - XXL use the same EPS size. The question I'd need you to answer is whether it is a matter of padding or if, even with a little thinner padding, it would still put pressure where you don't want it.

Keep me posted and let me know if my info helped.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote