View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #486
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,371
I Quit!

I have decided to officially stop making center stands. I have not made any for over a year. I still receive a lot of inquires for the stands. Since I am having too much fun in full retirement and don't miss breathing smoke and dust. I know I won't start again.

I have contacted a DS/Adventure accessory manufacturer and they are interested in making the stands if the numbers work out for them. I hope that it works out so that the stands will be available for those that want them.

This has always been a hobby for me and a fun way to fill time. I now find that it is a chore to find time to build stands. It makes sense to stop and let someone else provide the stands. It has really been fun making the stands for fellow inmates and riders. There is great satisfaction when my efforts have been appreciated. I appreciate the patience early customers showed me when the stands were not right and for allowing me to make it right for them.

From my conversation with the manufacturer it appears he is interested in allowing me to continue doing designs for new models. I would enjoy that and it would also allow me to complete the stands for the TA and DRZ.

Thank you ADV for providing a thread where I could offer the stands and receive feed back and suggestions for new models.

Thanks,

Mike