View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #10882
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
Just the $120 Baja design universal fork mount plus some scrap 3/8 round bar hand bent and welded!
Or 4 rubber lined stainless P-clamps, some sheet metal and a bit of work. I can do some shitty MIG welding if you want to build a little tubular/round bar frame like that one that was shown with the dual light bars. A bit of welding and a bunch of grinding is my weld style but with some paint the finished product usually looks just fine. You could do the welding yourself if you want to give it a try. Redbeard and I fabbed up some stuff for the rear sub-frame on his Dakar when he had it and he did half the welding himself. I made a headlight guard (since removed), rear rack, and some other stuff for my f650 and it usually ends up being more heavy duty than needed even if it is sort of half assed..

headlight guard in early stages..

almost finished tail rack.. I ended up adding mounting points for a top case later. Damn my bike was so clean back then...

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote