View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
Adventuretoolcompany OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDuke View Post
I just received my order of two large tarps from these guys. I have been gearing up a bit for Baja and wanted something more substantial to use as a tent footprint and something to put in front of the tent to gear up out of the sand. I have various other synthetic sheets for all kinds of purposes but they mostly annoy me due to getting blown around and just feeling skimpy.

So, I ordered some honest tarps. The box came in two days and the contents were wrapped in paper and tied with string. Made in USA sticker and a very nice handwritten personal note.

Whose handwriting is that! Wonderful. Out of all the gear I have purchased in the last couple years I have to say the attention paid to this package was a refreshing change from ebay etc.. and the general impersonal service we have come to expect.

These tarps are the real deal. Seems like I can roll up in one to sleep, hang it for shade, carry water/wood/beer, make a stretcher, spread under bike for wrenching, whatever. Heavy duty.

Yes, they are heavy too. Probably would not take one backpacking in the outback but I have found a fine place rolled up on my WR at the junction between my seat and rack.

This is the kind of gear I doubt I will need to buy twice. Great stuff!

If you wonder, I am not affiliated or even know these folks aside from this blind transaction.

MTDuke-

Thanks for the great comments! We appreciate them.

Take care and be safe on your moto travel.

Paul
"Like" us on Facebook:[url]https://www.facebook.com/AdventureToolCompany
Email: adventuretoolcompany@yahoo.com
Adventuretoolcompany is offline   Reply With Quote