View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #396
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Help Find Harry
Update made yesterday by Ann, Harry's mom: Dear Friends, Today is the 50th day since Harry disappeared. I want to thank you for continuing to check on Harry's facebook page and here on the Help Find Harry page. This past week I listened in to a conference held at the US Embassy in Mexico City at which the Vice Consul of the French Embassy, the Director of American Citizen Services at the American Embassy, the FBI point person and our Private Investigator were present. I also received a report from the Private Investigator following his meeting with the coordinator of the investigation by the Mexican Government. Every single person at Thursday's and Friday's meetings agreed that it is critical to get the Procuraduría General de la República (PGR) of Mexico committed to Harry's case. This is the equivalent of the United States Attorney General's office. The Procuraduría has vital contacts which, if mobilized, will enable the investigation to take a quantum leap forward. They are aware of Harry but Harry's case is one of many in a huge case load and it is no longer new news. They have left information gathering about Harry to state governments and the state governments have tossed responsibility for the investigation around like a frisbee since there have been reports (some of which surely were fabricated) of Harry in three states. We can, with your help, get the PGR to put the forces in motion which will bring us news of Harry. Our NY State Senators Gillibrand and Schumer and Congressman Eliot Engel have been helping but they need new numbers to make this happen. If we again write our Senators and our Congressmen and also Senator Robert Menendez, the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and ask them to put pressure on the Mexican Government's PGR to commit to Finding Harry, this can happen. I will, with help, draft letters which you can send to the appropriate people in the appropriate places to make this happen. I should have them posted here within a day, two days at the most. Let me stress that the reason the State Department is working with us is because of your interest and support since Harry first went missing. You can see the numbers on the Help FindHarry facebook page. What you can't see is that there have been close to 600,000 hits on the US Embassy facebook page and twitter feed links to Harry. I wish it had not taken so long to figure out what the appropriate next steps are. I thank you for your patience and continued interest. Harry loves the warm weather. Spring arrives this week. This is the perfect time to find him. Please let us know you'll help. And in the meantime, LIVE YOUR LIFE! And may you love the life you live. All good wishes to you and those you love. From Ann Devert
Posted today.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote