View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #30
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Just passing on my recent experience adjusting throttle cables. It may or may not be agreeable, but I will state the facts.

I too recently bought a G2 for my 990 which created additional throttle free play for a total of about 3/8". Way too much and made riding of any type a pain in the arse.

I called my local ktm dealer and told them I wanted to come in and pay them to connect to the computer and properly adjust the throttle cables. The lead tech got on the phone and said, 'let me save you some time and money.' He explained that as long as I don't adjust against the stepper motors, there's nothing worn with adjusting some free play out of the cables.

He said to measure my free play, keep the ruler there on the grip, and adjust a little bit at a time until I'm at 1/8", give or take. Just don't go any further.

I went ahead and tried it and it worked. Bike is much more controllable now and have put 1000 miles on since with no ill effects.

The tech said he'd love for me to come in and spend money, but said there was just no need for it.
grant22 is offline   Reply With Quote