View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #97
DogBoy OP
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,451
Just got the news that the Sacramento Mile has been cancelled. Hugely bummed and kind of shocked because the Mile sold out every year since its return and Bob Bellino is one of the best promoters in Flat Track with a true love for the sport. He even doubled the purse last year to help teams after the rainouts in Springfield and Lima. And the Sacramento Mile is just fantastic with a great venue and racing under the lights.

Horse racing industry wins another round.

Santa Rosa Mile is still a go.

From an email sent by Circle Bell Motorsports:
Quote:
"This is a very unfortunate turn of events," said Bob Bellino, promoter of the Sacramento Mile for the last four years. "We're sorry that we won't be able to host the AMA Pro Flat Track races at the Cal Expo venue this year. There were unexpected complications with the horse racing industry regarding track conditions that have led to the improbable cancelation of the event. It is very disheartening to me that we won't run the Sacramento Mile in 2014."

The news comes as an obvious disappointment to fans, sponsors and riders, as the Sacramento Mile has been an exciting mainstay on the AMA Pro Flat Track schedule for the past four years, with a rich history that dates back to 1959.