View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #66
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,188
I haven't read all of the previous posts, so this is probably 205 - but be sure to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. Plan about three days to do that. Stop often, there are lots of pull outs - and beware of motorists who aren't looking where they are going.

Maggie Valley, North Carolina is one of my favorite places. Be sure to eat breakfast at Joey's Pancake House. Jonathon Creek Inn is a nice place to stay, and there are lots of great roads around there. You should visit Cherokee, although it is a bit of a tourist trap these days.

The Dragon US 129 in NC and TN is a must do, but avoid it on the weekends - and be careful, there are lots of cops and they will snag you for the smallest reason. The Cherohola is a must do. Go on down to Georgia and camp at Two Wheels Only. Rider's Hill at Dahlonega is a nice place to visit.

Stay away from the big cities.

If you get to Middle Tennessee (Nashville area) and need a place to stay or anything else, just PM me and I will send you my phone number. No strings attached. I have a truck and trailer, a garage with tools, and a guest room.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote