View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #805
ftw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
Civilization been and gone...

And if looking at them as at some form of civilization one cannot but notice that all their decorative art aspirations always took second place to their technological needs. They would only create their murals after all their imminent technological needs had been satisfied...like in this protected missile storage shelter at yet another MRBM operating base hidden elsewhere in N Ukraine's forests:

There's only one stern-looking soldier at the entrance against lots of instructive labelling inside describing in close detail at what temperature and humidity ranges should the unpacked nuclear warheads be kept within what time periods after having been mounted on the missiles:

In fact was v. much surprized they hadn't removed it all upon leaving - as far as I know that was one of the best-kept secrets of its time. I suppose taking these photographs could have made me a much wealthier person thirty years ago...or secure me fascinating life-long vacation somewhere at one of the world-renown Siberian resorts, depending on my luck.

ftw screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 10:27 PM
ftw is offline   Reply With Quote