View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #1454
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderako View Post
I got the first ferry trip off Negros Island to Mindanao the following day. There were a lot of (big) bikes in Dapitan since the 20th Annual Motorcycle Convention is a day away. I made my way down to Ilagan via the coastal roads of Oroquieta then took a short ferry trip in Ozamis City.

Maria Cristina Falls

it was only 3PM but the route I am about to take is 'HOSTILE' and 'CRITICAL' so I have to wait the following morning to proceed. That's when I got extra time and was able to get my hands on a keyboard, hence my first post about this trip..

The following morning, my target was Cotabato City via Marawi City.

a lot of rough roads but I made it out in one piece. There were also military checkpoints every 10-20 kms but even they still precaution against traveling these parts alone.

I was asked to remove my helmet when I got to Cotabato City. I obliged but as soon as I made the first turn, I put it back on. I was like "You guys have any idea what the ADVers will say about ATGATT!"

The Grand Mosque

oh, it comes in PINK too??

I was feeling great about my progress I blew past Cotabato City and headed for General Santos City

Sultan Kudarat

I was still feeling great when I got to GenSan that I decided, "Why not ride some more?" so I made it to Davao City by 10PM
Thanks for sharing riderako. Keep it up