View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #38
popscycle OP
Fahren Away

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcrcr View Post
Nice Pumpkinseed.
There is one up near Campton, NH a bit larger, and not quite as nice.
I'm under the impression that funds are available to begin the restoration, but might be waiting for all the funding before starting work.

http://scenicnh.photoshelter.com/image/I0000f5ZClp6DPm0

I'm enjoying this thread, you guys have interests similar to mine.
My dad builds miniature live steam engines as a hobby, so I grew up chasing trains, and live in Southern, NH, so mill buildings are plentiful.
The history in those buildings.......
Thank you for letting us know about the bridge. If you run across any old steam engines, please let us know (we're wishing we could be following UP's Big Boy to WY). On the subject of old mills, we are slowly losing them day by day. We ran across this one today that fell into ruin and is now being demolished.

These were once the backbone of our industrial might and it is sad to see them lost. I do understand that they can often be contaminated with asbestos and other harmful materials. The area around this one wasn't looking all that healthy. A closeup:

Here is another mill that is slowly being demolished. You gotta love its old bridge.

As I mentioned in the bridge thread, this one is located at coordinates 42.385920, -72.098210.

Goodbye Cruiserface, Hello Happyface!

2014 R1200GS | 2010 MX5 | BMW MOA

popscycle screwed with this post 05-03-2014 at 04:45 PM
popscycle is offline   Reply With Quote