View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #4073
Spad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
Wildcat (from the Chittenden Dam area), Old Turnpike (from Route 4 in Mendon) and Elbow Road (from the North Sherburne / Coffeehouse Road area of Killington) all intersect just past a beaver dam in, I think, a corner of Chittenden. Or maybe Mendon. Either way, yes, they all go through.*

*: last summer, at least. I have no idea what winter snows, spring rains, or anything else may have done to impair travel since then. But I'd expect it to be very passable on a 350...it's normally big-bike friendly.
Yeah, it's more the rider than the bike I'm worried about - seeing the tag put up on a KTM Adventure loaded with luggage made that clear. I'm OK on forest road, but not up to single track or unmaintained trail yet. Water crossings need work too - last summer a Class IV had a deep enough hole to stop the bike dead in the water (literally - I still regret not getting a picture). Given what you said, though, I can follow the gaps in the trees to see where they connect to the other roads on Google. Thanks.

- Spad
99 DR350SE
Spad is offline   Reply With Quote