View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #23
RobZorba
RobZorba

Oddometer: 394
+1, fitted the Unifilter to my '2014 R from new, based on the recommendation of several owners I had been chatting to in private before I purchased my 1190. I ordered directly from "FilterMan" Miles, who is an inmate and also the owner of the "Unifilter" manufacturing company in Australia, www.uniflow.com.au

The people I spoke to had engines replaced and the later 2014 airbox fitted under warranty by KTM. BUT ... they also told me that dust was still getting into the engine until they took matters in their own hands and fitted the Unifilter, which solved the problem completely. The inside of the airbox and intake tubes on my own 1190 R are spotless despite several "dusty" off road excursions.

KTM have never published an official statement about the 'bikes whose engines were trashed by the bad filter design. Nor have KTM ever acknowledged that there is still a significant problem, despite the fact that many owners have written to them and informed them. Owners are justified in criticizing KTM about their poor communications.

P.S. If you are in the USA, you can order the Unifilter kits from Touratech, costing $98.10

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...90-Adventure-R