View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #37
young1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
This will (all going well) be the last "non riding" update as I pick up KT tomorrow and head to France.

A cultural day today (in other words the effects of the London Pride from last night slowed me down), went to Science Museum, National History museum and very briefly the Victoria and Albert museums.

Also found myself shopping in Bond St, definitely out of my price range, one jeweller had a ring for over 750,000 pounds(!) and walking through St James and Green Parks

Anyway some pictures.

Mum this is the bed and breakfast where I am staying. As you can see it is very popular, a lot of people wanting to stay there.

Luckily some soldiers and bands arrived to move them on.

Christine tell John that I was tempted to buy him this 3100 pound bottle of whiskey but that would have put me over my duty free allowance, anyway isn't it the thought that counts?

I managed to use my Kiwi skill and charm to join the suits in the 3000 pounds per year RAC club. Awesome to see Ayrton Senna's car on display. Unfortunately my zip off pants stood out and I was (very) soon asked to leave (the club has an Olympic size pool in the basement).

And Leanne please tell Mark (our butcher) that Fortnam and Masons don't sell Chesdale cheese, everything else though!

Zoom zoom tomorrow!!

Kiwi Mike
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds. Explore. Dream. Discover.H Jackson Brown
Europe trip 2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971014

young1 screwed with this post 05-06-2014 at 09:40 AM
young1 is offline   Reply With Quote