View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
yeah, well at least I think they understand now the trail damage this kind of activity causes. Sheesh.

On one hand we have Chris Horgan pushing for trials rear tires on litebikes to mitigate damage, and then on the other we have people with adventure bikes thinking they are 'good enough' to get them through these trails. OMFG.

There are PLENTY of jeep roads for bigger bikes. It's like the kwads as well, they let them punch out the trails in Big Bear to the point they've ruined it. I won't ride up there anymore. On a dualsport yeah, on 2-track, but no TST for me anymore, it's too dangerous. I had two head-ons in one day up there sometime back, that was enough. Consider us damn fortunate they can't get them out on the trails in KM or they would be ruined too.

Okay, stepping off soapbox.

You actually have a very valid point! I have seen a few of the animals that can tackle the harder trails on the big bikes. But they sure do tear up the single track when they dig a hole.

I actually did some exploring a few seasons back on the jeep trails and had a blast. Here is my weapon of choice.

Still not sure if I will be using trials tires this year or knobbies/Tubliss with super low pressure.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote