View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
After spending great time with friends in Bonn, I wanted to see Nurburgring. The legendary racing track. It is very close to Bonn. The track is open to public and for around 10-15 euros, one can drive around the 21km long track.

It is quite technically challenging track with up and down hills in combination of nice curves. It is a very popular place, when I arrive I see bikes, cars, trucks and busses around!

First you need to buy the ticket

Then start an adrenalin ride of 21kms

It is quite crowded on the track so be careful

Enthusiast are coming here for the weekend or even for a week and practice on the track. I met a nice group of bikers from England. They were timing their laps and the slowest one of the day was paying all the beers that evening Although my bike is not a sportsbike, I enjoyed driving on the track a lot. I would definitely go there again.

My next destination is the nice city of Munich in south of Germany. Munich has great beersThe trip is around 500kms long today.

I give a break in the rastplatz next to the highway. My TDM is ready for thousands of miles ahead.

I spent two days in Munich at my friends place and had great time. But the real journey waits for me. I head south again. My destination is the Austrian Alps.

On my way is the city of Fussen and I want to see the famous castle Neuschwanstein. It is also called the Walt Disney Castle because the logo of the company got inspiration from this castle. It is a very popular place especially among American and Japanese tourists.

My journey will continue...

viatormundi screwed with this post 03-05-2006 at 01:32 PM
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote