View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
I spend three nights in various camping sites in the Austrian Alps. Overall quality of camping places are very good. I am driving towards Swiss Alps and then will drive south towards north of Italy.

I make a stop at this nice lake, people are sunbathing. I take a dip into the cold water and continue my journey. I wish I could stay longer here, very nice place.

Now I crossed the Italian border. Time to have a nice italian lunch It immediately feels in Italy It is louder and more people around.

I am in the land of Ducatis I see many types of Ducati drivers with attractive ladies on their back seats

After lunch, I pass next to this lake. The water was amazingly clear.

The next stop is the city of Bolzano. Decently nice place with people speakin a very interesting and in a sense funny dialect. Some sort of a mixture of Italian and German. I leave the town without stopping and start to drive on a nice serpentine road upphill. Super fun View of Bolzano

I am back to the nature again. One of my most favorite views

It is getting late, I have been driving about 500kms and it starts to rain, first little but then a lot. I stop in front of a hotel to be able to read my map and to figure out if I should drive the pass called Stelvio now during this rain or should try tomorrow. The pass looks kind of tough on the map. Then I hear some swedish behind me. Two bikers shout to me from the entrance of the hotel. We start to chat. They just came from the pass and it was difficult under the rain. They convince me not to continue, so I stay in the hotel that night and we eat dinner together.

Next morning, the weather is nice again. I say bye to swedish group and drive upphill towards Stelvio.

What a pass! The Swedes were right. It would be a bad idea to drive it late in the evening under rain.

The next destination is St. Moritz. Jet society's favorite winter resort. It is a beautiful town located in a fantastic valley but it is not according to my taste. It is kind of weird to see Gucci, Armani shops in a mountain town. I leave the town fast and continue towards its lake.

I have time, time to do some windsurfing. But I would like to learn kite-surf too.

After a short windsurfing experience back on the road again. Cute towns spread around on my way.

Next destination is the lake of Como in northern Italy.

to be continued.....

viatormundi screwed with this post 03-05-2006 at 01:35 PM
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote