View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #387
MudWalker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnhd65 View Post
I've got an 1816, same series tractor, smaller engine. I'd recommend Mahindra to any one, I love mine and every time I use it I only wish I'd gotten it sooner. I think they have the best warranty out there. I've never had a bit of trouble with mine.
They have higher lift capacity and weigh more than the competion for any other brand in the same category.
Don't know what the loader problem is on the tractor mentioned, but it sounds like a problem with the control valve. Keep in mind, the attatchments such as the loader, aren't made by the tractor manufacturer, usually made by a third party.
When I got mine, I had gotten some advice that you're probably better off looking for a reputable dealer within decent distance to your place, rather than the actual brand of tractor.
All in all though, I couldn't be happier with mine and I'd recommend one to anybody.
The Mahindra dealer I met seemed great and has been there for ever although, he is new to this brand. I was compelled to look closely at them all and I did. I think after all is said and done, the key selling point for me is based on the potential resale value of Kubota. This machine is more than I need later but just what I need and can afford now. Down the road I see myself in a smaller machine that does everything. With resale in mind I had to back away from Mahindra as it's just not as well known as the Kubota and, the difference in price is only just over $2K. Oh, and, the Mahindra did not offer 0% financing.........1.99% was the best they would do.

Lastly, as mentioned above, I have 3 Kubota dealers within 50 miles, one within 20. Only one Mahindra shop 30 mile drive............options are always good.

It's good to hear you like your machine, thanks for posting to my question!
MudWalker is offline   Reply With Quote