View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #86
2wdrift OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
re

I went to ultimate performance today, I had a talk with the mechanic. He told me that they had adjusted the valves and I can pick up the bike tomorrow.
I asked him about the rest of the motor and it looked like he didn't know what I was talking about. I then mentioned the damage from the dust and he just said that he doesnt see how that can damage the engine. I was going to have a chat with the owner but I was close to losing my temper, so I walked out and will resume this fucking joke tomorrow when I go and fetch the bike. He didn't even mention the air filter so I dont think it was even changed to a new one.

If this is the case then I am going to have a nice long talk with the owner there, I will ask for a new motor. If they refuse I wil take this to KTM SA if such a thing exists and take my bike elsewhere for any further work to be done. The head mechanic at Trax KTM told me that he fits the DNA filter before the bikes leave the showroom, I believe this includes 2014 bikes. Ultimate performance told me the opposite.

Seriously thinking of selling and buying a LC GSA, just tired of the struggling to get anything done.
2wdrift is offline   Reply With Quote