View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #8
viatormundi OP
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
I arrive to Lake Como and stay in a camping place at the water for couple of days. I do some windsurfing and sightseeing around. This area is a very popular summer place for people from Milan. The view of the lake from the camping site

I drive around the lake, nice curvy roads with beautiful views

I arrive to the town of Como. Very cute town with interesting architecture and narrow streets

Then I take a small ferry to sea the coast line from the lake. Some Italiens are lucky, beautiful houses!

Staying at Como Lake was very peaceful and relaxind. I meet a nice group of people from Switzerland in the camping site. We windsurf together and play cards etc.

After three days, I say bye to them and continue my journey towards south to Florence. About 400kms to ride.

Since I need to be in Florence at a certain time, I need to take the highway the autostrada. What a mistake! Italiens are really aggressive drivers! I try to avoid couple of danger moments caused by some alfa romeo driving ninjas

The city of Bologne is on my way, why not a stop for a drink and a picture

Back on the bike towards Florence. It is getting warmer the more south I drive of course and it is not so enjoyable to be in these black motorcycle clothes. Thanks god I have Gore-tex equipment, it makes a different actually. Finally, I am in Florence. I will stay at my brother's super nice school friend's apartment. After parking the bike on the street, the city is full of bikes, I thought it would be safe to park on the street plus I have an alarm installed, I start to explore the city.

Piazza Santa Croce

The famous shopping bridge from medieval times

Florence is the right city for art interested people, you can see very famous pieces of art in its galleries. Strogly recommended. I drive up to a hill where a nice view of the town can be seen. But I am litte fed up with the heat

In the following days, I and my brother's friend Zeynep take a ride to Toscana region, the famous wine producing area with spectacular landscape. There are many tiny cute towns in this area with interesting wine yards.

A view from a small town

Narrow streets of the town

Unfortunately, summer is not the best time to see Toscana since landscape doesn't have the best color because of the strong sun but still nice landscape

We take a break in this nice wine yard and enjoy our drinks

I had great time in Florence and would go there back again but not in July on a bike, it was too hot.

Next stop is the harbour town of Ancona, I will take a ferry to Croatia over the Adriatic sea. Exciting...

to be continued....

viatormundi screwed with this post 06-27-2006 at 10:14 AM
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote