View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #59
AKMotorbiker OP
Searching for sanity

Oddometer: 237
Here is the turn off for Devil's Golf Course. It is basically a road isthmus out into the formation.

Devil's Golf Course turn off

Devil's Golf Course

It says on a warm day you can hear sounds. It was warm but, we didn't hear anything out in the course but, who can hear anything with four kids, and I'm half deaf. What'd ya say?

Devil's Golf Course

Devil's Golf Course

A little farther North is Artist Drive which is a single lane, paved loop that goes past Artist's Palette. The colors were amazing, even if our pictures don't show it exactly how it was. It was also late morning, which wasn't the optimum time. Impressive none the less!

Artist Drive turn off

Artist Drive

Artist Drive

Artist Drive

Artist Drive

Artist Drive

Artist Drive

Here is Artist's Palette

Artist's Palette

Artist Palette

My wife and I were discussing the colors and decided that the Palette was missing a few key primary colors so, here is the improved Artist's Palette with a "pop"(as my wife would say) of red and yellow!

Artist Palette

Continuing on Artist Drive.

Artist Drive

We headed back to Furnace Creek the get fuel and eat lunch at the day use area next to the gas station. The temperature had just surpassed yesterday!

Temperature Saturday 3 May 2014

Here is the gas prices at Furnace Creek. Stovepipe Wells was a dollar cheaper but, they only had 87 octane and it was a generic brand ie, no name.

Gas prices at Furnace Creek 3 May 2014

Here was an impromptu museum outside the gas station featuring two antique pay phones. I remember using these as a kid to call my parents when I needed a ride home. If they didn't answer the phone anchored to the wall I would wait and try again. Good thing we didn't have answering machines then, it would have swallowed up my .15 cents!

Antique pay phone display at Furnace Creek

Don't forget to hydrate!

Hydrating at Furnace Creek
Searching for Sanity: Newest Chapter- Sequoia National Park
AKMotorbiker is offline   Reply With Quote