View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #101
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
oh, and i think i am starting to understand all this "blinding acceleration warp speed" stuff. but to a lesser degree

this thread got me started watching youtube clips of liter bikes doing 0-100mph and its unreal how fast they get there. 6 sec is a solid average, it would seem. and even on video i cannot "see" the speed. it looks like....normal

i am beginning to understand and get excited at the potential because on my own bike (FZ6) i am having a similar experience, but at lower speed. however when riding down the street a couple of times and passing i have looked down to see 70mph several times lately. this has started since i shift less and when i don't go above 3rd gear. the bike just....goes. and i go with it, i suppose

but the sensation of 70mph is not there! i have looked down and thought '70mph? the speedo must have gone to KPH inadvertently." i have actually had to look down and squint for a sec because i am so sure it cannot be 70mph that quickly and smoothly

in a 40mph zone this will not do! maybe not even for passing. so i will tend my speedo a bit more as the power is easy, and so is the speed

i can just imagine a liter bike. lord have mercy!!

DudeClone screwed with this post 05-10-2014 at 07:33 PM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote