In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
I'm confused
Yes, I'd spotted that.
Quote:
If you have brought another front end I'm surprised that either you or the front end are allowed in the lounge. I gather building a second bike has won out over I'll make money selling it as parts'?
I bought a new frame, the triples, submount, risers, forks, & brakes from Igormortis. The triples were CNC machined to accept WP 4860 forks, but with the offset & steering stem set up for an Airhead. Igor has also had spacers made up to allow the BMW cross lace wheel to work with the WP forks, so for the fork conversion, much of the serious money has already been spent.

The forks are off an '02 KTM 250SX, but still need to be set up both height wise, & also in their damping, to be able to accomodate the weight of the airhead.

Mandy has been pretty accepting of the latest purchase, especially when I let her know the original cost of some of the items.
Quote:
Gus looks better with the phallic compensating plastic tank in my humble opinion - a bit more 'in your face' which goes well with the headlight and forks. Put a single saddle on it
I agree re the HPN tank looking better. The GSPD has a 35 l tank, & the advantage of a 'glove box', but sits taller & wider on the bike. There is also less support for the tank - the HPN has three widely spaced frame supports. The GSPD has a 2 supports on the frame spine. And the colours clash something aweful with the red, darling.
Quote:
Put a single saddle on it
The only way I could do that would be to cut the seat up. And given I need that for Rufas, I don't want to do that. With the rack in place it looks like there is an aircraft carrier landing strip behind you. I may modify both for Gus (if I get another stock seat for Rufas) at some later stage when finances allow.

OTHER STUFF:
Looked on Phil Hawkesley's BM Bikes database.
  • Gus is frame 6465724, built 10/91. R100GS
  • Rufas is frame 0066202, built 04/91. R100GSPD
  • The new frame is no 0046947, built 07/90, R80GS.

New screen available here

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 05-15-2014 at 12:02 AM
Box'a'bits is online now   Reply With Quote